Deadline December 31, 2010
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Location: 541 Hwy 36, Lindsay, K9H 4S6, East Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Salary: $1,446.39 $1,800.57 per week*
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job Code: 9380 Psychologist 1
Schedule: 3 7
Category: Health and Social Services
Job ID: 31358
Are you a fully qualified Psychologist, interested in living in the beautiful Kawartha region with a wide variety of housing options and many year-round recreational activities? This 1,200 bed facility will give you interesting challenges working with concurrent disorders and multiple programming as part of a terrific multi-disciplinary team.
Your role will include:
- Providing varied psychological services in this correctional facility
- Performing clinical duties
- Facilitating offender psychological rehabilitation
- Providing consultation and advice to the institutional management team
- Organizing and conducting research and program evaluation projects
- Communicating with supervising psychologist, health care professionals in other disciplines, community agencies, offenders, their families and advocates.
What we are looking for: The successful candidate will be registered as a Psychologist in the Province of Ontario.
Your skills, knowledge and ability will include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of science and practices of psychology, including psychotherapeutic and assessment techniques, to plan, conduct and coordinate services
- Ability to apply complex treatment techniques and provide consultation and advice on diagnosis and treatment of offenders
- Knowledge of forensic psychological theories, practices and procedures
- Oral and written communication skills to communicate information regarding assessment approaches, findings and treatment/rehabilitative activities
- Knowledge of program evaluation techniques
- Analytical skills to determine most appropriate diagnostic approaches from a range of alternatives
- Ability to organize, co-ordinate and supervise psychological services
- Diplomacy, tact and ability to gain confidence of clients, staff and supervisor.
Posting Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Closing Date: Friday, December 31, 2010 11:59 pm EST
How to apply:
You must apply online by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job ID number 31358 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
As an equal opportunity employer the OPS will provide employment accommodation if required. Contact the Regional Recruitment Centre at: 1-866-410-8933 or 613-547-4402
Please note faxes are not accepted.
Applications must be received by the end of the closing date with the Job ID number 31358 quoted.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.