Deadline December 31, 2010
Job Term: 1 Permanent
Location: 541 Hwy 36, Lindsay, K9H 4S6, East Region
Compensation Group: Management Compensation Plan
Salary: $81,359.00 - $110,049.00 per annum
Posting Status: Open Targeted
Job Code: PPY21 - Psychology PM-21
Category: Health and Social Services
Job ID: 31357
Are you an experienced Psychologist looking for opportunity and challenge in an atypical work environment?
This 1,200 bed facility offers a wide variety of programming, working with concurrent disorders in a unique setting.
Located in the attractive Kawartha Lakes region, you will have a great choice of housing options and can enjoy a diversity of year-round recreational activities.
In this role your work will include:
- Programming, planning, developing and coordinating the delivery of psychological consultations and programs
- Assessing psychological treatment needs of inmate population
- Developing programming and standards, coordinating implementation and review to ensure achieving goals
- Providing professional supervision and guidance to psychology staff, ensuring professional standards are maintained
- Liaising with other professionals as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Providing consultation and coordinating provision of psychological services, as required, to the Ontario Parole Board and Kawartha Probation & Parole Services
- Providing psychological counseling and therapy to clients
- Preparing and recommending psychological services budget for inclusion in institutional budget submissions
- Assisting in correctional officer selection and training of Institution Crisis Intervention Teams and Crisis Negotiators.
What we are looking for: are your knowledge and experience, which includes:
- Knowledge of psychological theories, methods of clinical intervention, and practices acquired through a Doctorate in Psychology from a university of recognized standing and registration as a Psychologist in Ontario
- Proven knowledge and ability to plan, develop, evaluate and supervise a program of psychological services for provincial offenders
- Knowledge of correctional forensic psychology and treatment resources.
Your skills and abilities will include:
- Demonstrated managerial and administrative skills
- Proven ability to supervise staff and make effective decisions in inmate crisis related situations
- Ability to gain and apply knowledge of pertinent legislation, such as Public Services Act, Mental Health Act and Freedom of Information Act
- Ability to interpret and apply provisions of collective agreements
- Demonstrated abilities in using judgement and making decisions.
Posting Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Closing Date: Friday, December 31, 2010 11:59 pm EST
How to apply:
You must apply online by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job ID number 31357 in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
As an equal opportunity employer the OPS will provide employment accommodation if required. Contact the Regional Recruitment Centre at: 1-866-410-8933 or 613-547-4402
Please note - faxes are not accepted
Applications must be received by the end of the closing date with the Job ID number 31358 quoted.
Only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.