Deadline: December 20, 2010
Position: Research and Evaluation Coordinator
Type: Full-time, two-year contract
Organization: The Stop Community Food Centre http://www.thestop.org
The Stop began over 30 years ago as one of North America's first food banks, and has grown into a vibrant community cetnre, using food as a gateway to addressing many issues, including poverty, the environment, social isolation, and health in one of Toronto's lowest-income neighbourhoods. The Stop's mission is to increase access to healthy food in a manner that maintains dignity, builds community and challenges inequality. After decades of work in West Toronto, The Stop is now developing pilot sites in two communities in Ontario to create new Community Food Centres, as well as developing a suite of resources to support other communities who are interested in learning from The Stop and the pilot process. As part of this exciting initiative, we are looking for a creative and dynamic Research & Evaluation Coordinator.
- Developing and implementing an evaluation plan, in consultation with other team members, which will allow The Stop to evaluate the effectiveness of these pilot projects. This is expected to include data collection and analysis using a mixed methods (qualitative and quantitative) approach
- Working with local partners to carry out Community Food Assessments in the pilot communities, and using collected data to create maps and community profiles
- Developing tools that can be used to measure project impact at the individual and community level.
- Contributing to a developmental evaluation process for the replication process itself
- Researching potential policy implications of and strategies for Community Food Centres
- Using written, audio and video means to communicate the successes, challenges and learning throughout the replication process
- Contributing to the development of a "Learning Centre" to accompany the project, developing supporting materials and real and virtual learning opportunities.
- Minimum Masters Level education in related field
- Three years experience in a community or social services organization
- A high level of proficiency with mixed methods research design, data collection, data storage and both qualitative and quantitative data analysis
- Knowledge of a wide range of evaluation approaches commonly used in the social services/ community sector (experience in implementing also an asset)
- Experience one or more of the following tools: film, html, tele-conferencing/webinar technology, and/or GIS mapping
- Background in food security and poverty issues and knowledge of community development principles
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Experience with community organizing and facilitation
- Comfortable in a flexible and collaborative work environment
- Ability to travel to other parts of Ontario
Salary: $20.81/hour + benefits
Start date: January 2011.
Please send your letter and resume by December 20, 2010 to the attention of the Hiring Committee---Research and Evaluation Coordinator (if sending email please note in subject line). Email: email@example.com or mail to: The Stop Community Food Centre, P.O. Box 69, Station E, Toronto, M6H 4E1. Faxed applications will NOT be considered.
The Stop is committed to Employment Equity and encourages applicants from equity seeking groups. We regret that only those applicants being considered will be contacted.
[from Canada's Green Job Site, GoodWorkCanada.ca]