What's in this Research Update issue for you?
Physical Activity Levels Related to an Urban Bicycle Sharing Program: BIXI Montreal
This article outlines some of the findings of a Montreal-based research team who are studying North America's most popular bicycle sharing program: BIXI
Montreal. This article reports on research carried out in 2009, which included examination of program participation levels, as well as other mobility and transportation factors.
Examining Barriers to Healthy Eating for People with Type 2 Diabetes
Long-term adherence to both diet and exercise programs is typically low among type 2 diabetes patients. This article discusses some of the results of one research module within the Physical Activity and Nutrition for Diabetes in Alberta (PANDA) study. The article outlines baseline levels of dietary adherence among type 2 diabetes patients in the Edmonton area and explores possible barriers to healthy eating.
News from the Alberta Centre for Active Living
- Facilitator Training for Home Support Exercise Program: Full-day HSEP workshop in Edmonton at Alberta Centre for Active Living.
- Wellness in the forefront at recent Action on Wellness forum organized by Alberta Health and Wellness.
- Renewed funding for wellness activities announced during the Action on Wellness forum.
- The 2010 Geoff Gowan Lifetime Achievement Award .
- Dr. Tanya Berry, appointed as a Tier 2 Canada Research Chair in Physical Activity Promotion.
- Dr. John Spence's two recent research studies: one related to the federal fitness tax credit and one related to childhood obesity.
For details on these and other news items, please visit http://www.centre4activeliving.ca/index.html