Deadline: January 7, 2011
POSITION: Physical Activity Specialist – Full Time
ORGANIZATION: KFL&A Public Health
LOCATION: Kingston, Ontario
DEADLINE: January 7, 2011
PROGRAM: Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Division – Adult Health Team
Plans, coordinates, implements, and evaluates physical activity intervention programs based on current research and identified community needs in accordance with Ontario Public Health Standards and other program requirements.
* Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology, Bachelor of Physical Health and Education degree, or equivalent education.
* Experience in physical activity promotion and programming preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
* Demonstrated knowledge of physical activity principles.
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, as well as presentation skills.
* Ability to work as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
* Ability to work independently and cooperatively.
* Ability to organize and implement activities.
* Demonstrates an innovative and creative approach to work.
* Basic computer software proficiency and keyboarding skills.
* Ability to access, understand and utilize research literature to support and promote evidence-based practice.
* Proven ability to attend work regularly.
* Ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by January 7, 2011, to: Human Resources, KFL&A Public Health: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.