Deadline January 14, 2011
Location: 12 Gilbertson Drive
Reports to: Program Coordinator, Population Health
Employee Group: CUPE 4700
Salary: $34.31 per hour (less $1 for first six months)
Status: Temporary Full Time (from January 2011 to June 2011)
Posting #: CUPE 92.10
Posting Period: December 22, 2010 to January 14, 2010
Incumbent(s) to this position must provide the Employer with a current Criminal Reference Check and a current Immunization Record.
- To promote the Population Health Team
- To plan, facilitate, implement and evaluate programs that meet the requirements and standards identified in the Ontario Public Health Standards as defined by the Ministry of Health Promotion.
- To ensure goals and objectives of the relevant programs are met; research and develop programs/plans that are evidence-based and responsive to community needs; develop health promotion strategies; participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit; maintain and establish linkages in the community as appropriate; develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools to be used throughout the program.
- To assist in the development and/or acquisition of appropriate resources and provide training when/as needed.
- To research and review appropriate resources for potential use within the program.
- To maintain a library of current, accurate and appropriate resources for internal Health Unit use and use by other health and education professionals throughout the Counties.
Knowledge & Skill:
- Four year University Degree in a related discipline (health studies/sciences), plus over one year, up to and including two years related experience (experience community based, health promotion preferred).
- or equivalent to the above.
- Well developed oral and written communications skills.
- The ability to use corporate standard computer software.
- Proven management and motivation skills accompanied with planning and evaluation skills.
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
- Must be aware of safe work practices as they relate to job responsibilities and work environment and have the basic understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- A valid Ontario driver’s license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants must submit their resume in confidence to the Human Resources / Staff Development Department by 4:30 p.m. on the last day of the posting.
Human Resources & Staff Development Department
21 Lynnwood Avenue
Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 2V7
Phone: (519) 428-9711
Fax: (519) 426-9876
Only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this position.
NOTE: As per current legislation, if it is determined that those employees with priority placement status are suitable for this job, before a selection decision has been made, this competition may be cancelled.