Deadline January 21, 2011
Location: Within Ontario. Travel throughout Ontario is required.
Term: Permanent position, 28 hours a week, starting in February, 2011
For 25 years Health Nexus (formerly the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse) has been enabling communities to promote health in Ontario and beyond. At little or no cost, we help organizations and individuals develop and implement prevention and health promotion strategies, which aim to enhance well-being and reduce demand on the health care and social service systems. Our strategic areas of focus are: early child development, chronic disease prevention and health equity (inclusion). At Health Nexus, we envision a future where health inequities are reduced and the health of our communities is improved through collective commitment, action and innovation.
Health Nexus seeks a Bilingual Health Promotion Consultant (French and English). This position is four days a week. The successful applicant will work with the Best Start Resource Centre, a key program of Health Nexus. Best Start Resource Centre provides health promotion training, consultation and information services to Ontario service providers who promote preconception, prenatal and child health.
- Develop and implement provincial health promotion strategies including provincial surveys, awareness campaigns, client resources and service provider manuals related to preconception, prenatal and child health
- Provide consultations and training across the province of Ontario to support and assist diverse audiences
- Research and develop presentations, proposals, project budgets and related materials
- Plan and coordinate multiple projects
- Work with staff, contractors, topic experts and advisory groups in the development of preconception, prenatal and child health strategies
- Establish and maintain partnerships and initiatives with various local, provincial and national organizations and service providers
- Respond to inquiries from service providers about promoting preconception, prenatal and child health
- Monitor health promotion trends and issues
- Graduate degree and/or equivalent experience in the health promotion field
- Comprehensive understanding of health promotion and the broad determinants of health
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience related to preconception, prenatal and child health
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in meeting/workshop facilitation, program design, and educational resource development
- Ability to assess and respond effectively to client needs
- Demonstrated program planning, project management and evaluation experience
- Ability to work independently and as an integral team member
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in both English and French
- Knowledge of diverse communities, including Francophones
- Word processing, presentation software, e-mail, internet/intranet usage, spreadsheets & databases
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, in confidence to:
Human Resources, Health Nexus
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, M5G 1Z8
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Health Nexus is an equal opportunity employer.