North York, Ontario
March 8 & 9, 2011
March 8, 6:00-9:00 p.m.
March 9, 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Novotel North York Hotel, 5100 Yonge St./3 Park Home Avenue
Theme: Risky Driving Prevention
Please join us for our Second Annual OIPRC Injury Prevention Forum; beginning the evening of Tuesday March 8th with a keynote address and reception, followed by a full day on Wednesday March 9th with presentations, panel discussions and break-out group work.
- Tom Vanderbilt, author of “Traffic: Why We Drive the Way We Do (and What It Says About Us)”
- Linda Beyer, expert on the Regional Niagara Road Safety Committee Strategy (including Think and Drive)
- Jeff Griffith, Team Leader of the MTO Road Safety Marketing Office
- Barbara Morrongiello, Psychologist and researcher at Guelph University
- A representative from the Traffic Injury Research Foundation
- Panel discussion with key stakeholders for risky driving program planning; including the Niagara Regional Police Service Chief of Police
For more information, please visit
The Alcohol Policy Network (APN) will hold their 8th annual Alcohol: No Ordinary Commodity Forum on March 7th and 8th, 2010. This forum will also be held at Novotel. For more information, please visit: http://www.apolnet.ca/resources/education/ANOCforums.html. Delegates attending both Forums will enjoy a discount on the total registration fee.
For more information, please visit http://www.oninjuryresources.ca/home/registration_for_the_1st_annua_1.html.