Deadline January 17, 2011
35 hours/week; permanent – HOOPP enrolment and cost-shared extended health
Pay rate: $38.622 to $45.438/hour range
Directs the planning, delivery and evaluation of specialized preschool programs (including First Words Speech and Language, Infant Hearing, and Blind/Low Vision). Facilitates the coordination of these programs with other partners and supports Steering Committee structure.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Directs the planning, implementation, administration and evaluation of the programs.
- Recommends the hiring, supervises and evaluates staff as appropriate to the programs.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, negotiates and monitors agreements with agencies to provide First Words services.
- Prepares and manages the budget in coordination with the Manager of Finance and Administration of Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures for the programs.
- Develops, coordinates and supervises activities to collect and analyse services data and reporting.
- Develops and implements mechanisms to ensure quality of care and service effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensures maintenance of professional practice standards.
- Works in partnership with Clinical Coordinator and other staff of the programs.
- Works closely with other programs within Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre and organizations related to the delivery of the program.
- Liaises with service providers outside the programs and with community groups to ensure the effective delivery of services.
- Other related duties as requested.
- Coordinates and assists in the implementation of education and health promotion activities.
- Assists in the development, delivery and maintenance of protocols, mechanisms and materials that support the programs activities.
- Develops and maintains linkages with parent groups and associations with an interest in speech and language, infant hearing and early childhood blind/low vision issues.
- Responds to information requests.
- Coordinates intake services with Clinical Coordinator.
- Support of Steering Committee Structure
- Supports the Steering Committee and related sub-committees.
- Provides advice and assistance to the Steering Committee by:
- keeping the Steering Committee informed of all aspects of the programs for which the position is responsible;
- bringing to the Steering Committee’s attention issues that may affect the health of the community;
- preparing reports and information for the Steering Committee.
- Masters degree from a recognized university degree in health, social services and/or administration.
- 3 to 5 years significant experience in health promotion and working in community partnerships.
- Proficiency in planning, program development, delivery and evaluation.
- Five years experience with progressive responsibility in a health setting.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Sensitivity and awareness of community specialized preschool programs.
- Ability to work with a range of service organizations and community groups.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, sensitivity to people of differing cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and French essential.
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle required.
Please reply by 12:00 p.m., Monday, January 17, 2011 to:
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre
1365 Richmond Road, 2nd Floor
Ottawa, ON K2B 6R7
Fax: (613) 288-3407
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word format only)
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Due to the high volume of applicants, we are unable to field telephone calls or confirm receipt of resumes. Please refer to our website for additional information (http://www.pqchc.com).