Deadline January 21, 2011
Parent Action On Drugs (PAD) is a not-for-profit organization that has been working with youth and their families since 1983 to educate them on the risks of alcohol and other drugs. PAD develops programs and resources for youth and parents which are delivered by teachers, public health, community organizations and other health professionals who work with youth.
The primary responsibility of this coordinator position is to provide coordination and support to PAD projects such as the Strengthening Families for parents and youth, the Healthy Communities Consortium and Making Our Voices Heard, a joint project with Silent Voice.
Key areas of responsibility are:
- Assist in the planning, coordination and implementation of project deliverables
- Assist with research and development of materials
- Preparation of written documentation and resources
- Planning and execution of workshops, forums and conferences
- Delivery of workshops for youth and parents
- Building linkages and networks with community partners
Terms of Employment: Contract position - 6 months with possibility of extension
Location: PAD office located at 7 Hawksdale Road with travel to sites throughout Toronto
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, including some evenings
- Minimum Bachelors Degree with 3 years experience in health promotion, community organization or similar field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Research and ability to produce professional documents
- Ability to facilitate groups
- Strong coordination and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility in approach including work hours
- Respect for diverse cultures, values and orientation
Salary Range: $37,000.00 - $47,000.00 per annum, prorated for contract period.
To apply, please forward your resume and cover letter no later than January 21st, 2011, by 4:00 p. m.
Interview days will be January 26th and 27th, 2011.
Parent Action on Drugs