Deadline January 28, 2010
Seeds of Empathy (SOE) is a program that fosters social and emotional competencies and early literacy skills and attitudes in children 3-5 years of age in early childhood settings. The role of the SOE Provincial Manager is an exciting opportunity to oversee the delivery and expansion of the SOE program in early childhood centres across Ontario. The Roots of Empathy Organization is committed to reaching Aboriginal communities and children. Therefore, the early childhood centres of Aboriginal communities will continue to be at the forefront of the Seeds of Empathy planning and implementation.
- The Seeds of Empathy Provincial Manager is responsible for the integrity and vitality of the Seeds of Empathy program in Ontario. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Program administration to support successful program start-up, delivery and year-end
- Mentoring Seeds of Empathy centres in their implementation of SOE
- Maintaining regular liaison with the participating centres
- Promotion of SOE across the province and community development in new regions
- Assessment of the readiness of all potential early childhood centres interested in SOE
- Planning and coordination of SOE Trainings and Professional Development opportunities for Early Childhood Educators
- Assisting in the delivery of local SOE Trainings sessions and Professional Development days
- Assist in the preparation of reports and other communications for both internal and external audiences
- Gathering statistics and monitoring the trends of the early childhood field in Ontario
For more information, please visit the posting at CharityVillage: http://www.charityvillage.com/cvnet/viewlisting.aspx?id=224925&eng=true&....
Deadline for applications: January 28, 2011