Deadline January 19, 2011
Duration: approximately thirteen (13) months
Health Services – Chronic Disease & Injury Prevention
As an integral member of the Children’s Dental Team, you will support the Healthy Smiles Ontario Neighbourhood outreach strategy. Responsibilities include assisting with oral health screening and preventive dental services. You will also provide oral hygiene instruction for children and youth who are in financial need, with the goal of building a foundation for children and youth to lead healthier, more productive lives as they enter into adulthood. You will be working with community partners and other members of the team to establish dental clinics in high priority neighborhoods. In addition, you will educate various community groups including health care professionals about the various dental programs offered by Peel Public Health. As well, you will be required to assess eligibility for a variety of dental health programs and facilitate client access to the most appropriate program.
- Certified Dental Assistant, Level II, and be in good standing with the Ontario Dental Assistants Association
- a minimum of three years working experience
- knowledge of technical and professional procedures and standards regarding dental practices in Ontario
- excellent communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with the diverse population within Peel
- strong facilitation and public relations skills to effectively promote the importance of oral health to target groups
- strong customer service orientation
- an analytical mind with excellent problem solving skills
- an ability to work in a self-directed manner within a collaborative team environment
- exceptional time management/organizational skills to deal with multiple tasks and shifting/changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office
- ability to travel to various regional locations on a day to day basis
- multilingualism, previous Public Health experience, as well as experience working with children would be assets.
Compensation: $41,052 - $51,314 + a comprehensive benefit package
Location: 7120 Hurontario in Mississauga
Hours of work: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Career site for Public Health: http://www.peelregion.ca/health/recruitment
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online by January 19, 2011, and complete the attached questionnaire.
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone's contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.