Deadline January 17, 2011
7 Hours a Week
For 6 months starting: January 2011
The part- time Community Health Promoter provides liaison between South Riverdale Community Health Centre and the Riverdale community by undertaking outreach, advocacy and community development activities. The Community Outreach Worker develops workshops and health promotion activities for the senior population.
- Proficiency in community development and health promotion activities
- Knowledge of senior issues and available resources
- Developing programming for seniors
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Training and experience in health education, communication strategies, and plain language design
- Work experience with and knowledge of the social determinants of health and related issues
- Experience in community organizing with excellent communication and group facilitation skills
- Able to supervise students and volunteers
- Post- graduate degree in health, social science , adult education or a related field from a recognized university, or
- A combination of some post-secondary education and significant experience in working with seniors and community development work.
Deadline for applicants is January 17, 2011
Please send your resume in confidence to:
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON M4M 3P3
See website for more detail: http://www.srchc.ca/downloads/JobPostingPartTimeCommunityHealthPromoterJ....