Deadline January 26, 2011
The Oral Health Team is currently seeking an experienced, certified Dental Assistant for a full-time position in the Dental Treatment Clinic at the Middlesex-London Health Unit. Primary responsibilities include clinical chairside assisting, dental clinic front desk duties, and claims processing.
The successful candidate will work primarily in the Dental Treatment Clinic, and may perform duties including:
- greeting patients and documenting accurate medical and dental histories
- organizing referral appointments for patients to dental specialists
- assisting patients with form completion
- ordering clinic supplies and ensuring clinic is sufficiently supplied at all times
- providing chairside duties by assisting dentist or hygienist
- exposing and developing radiographs
- other duties as assigned
- Other duties may include:
- packing, transporting, sterilizing, cleaning and setting up dental equipment and teaching aids
- scheduling students to be seen in the schools and appointments for clients in the clinic
- carrying out educational duties in school screening programs
- teaching dental health lessons in the classroom
- liaisons with teachers and families
- providing preventative dental health instruction
- answering dental health inquiries from a wide variety of sources
- Certified Dental Assistant
- Current HARP Certified
- CPR certification
- Valid Ontario Driver's Licence and own transportation
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literate with competent keyboarding skills
- The ability to communicate in French or other languages would be considered an asset.
Please visit our website at http://www.healthunit.com for further information about our programs and services. We thank all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please apply by January 26, 2011, quoting posting number OHFTCDA-0111/01, to:
Human Resources Dept.,
Middlesex-London Health Unit,
50 King Street, London ON N6A 5L7
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote wellness, prevent disease and injury, and protect the public’s health through the delivery of public health programs, services and research.