January 25, 2011
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Burnhamthorpe Community Centre, 1500 Gulleden Drive
Presented by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in partnership with Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre-Chronic Disease Prevention Community Initiative (CDPCI)
This event will bring together experts from CAMH and local community agencies serving Peel to discuss the links between mental health and chronic disease management. The keynote presentation and panel discussion will highlight ways in which the overall health of individuals can be addressed through strategies that promote positive physical health and well being at the same time as the symptoms of the mental health disorder are managed through medication and other means.
- Dr. Pamela Kaduri, Psychiatrist, TEACH Program, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health
- Ilmana Fasih, Heart and Stroke Foundation: Heart Disease and Depression
- Bruce Fligg, High Point Chiropractic Clinic: Pain and Depression
- Dr. Pamela Kaduri, TEACH Program, CAMH
- Nala Sriharan, RN, BScN, CDE,Canadian Diabetes Association
This event will be of interest to mental health and addiction professionals, as well as those who work in social services, health care, education and settlement services. Refreshments will be served.
This event is free. Please register at http://www.camh.net/About_CAMH/Ontario_Regional_Services/Education.html.
If you have any problems registering please contact Lorne Opler at Dixie Bloor Neighbourhood Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-276-6392 x225.
CDPCI isfunded by the Ontario Ministry of Health Promotion.