No deadline noted
Status: Contract, Full-Time
Location: Provincial Office
The Senior Specialist Mission Information will be one of two key point persons responsible for ensuring quality control of mission content and providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders. The Senior Specialist will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the delivery of accurate information.
Mission Content Management and Knowledge Dissemination
- Ensure quality control of science and mission information that supports the core functions of the Foundation by reviewing and approving scientific and mission messaging for statistical and scientific accuracy.
- Create lay summaries of HSFO funded research projects and relay information to fundraising, marketing and corporate teams and public relations to support the productization of mission investments.
- Identify and create lay translations of research and health information for various marketing uses.
- Work collaboratively with National Science Policy Analyst when creating content for national documents to ensure accuracy and minimize duplication of work.
- Work closely with lateral internal partners to develop presentations targeting various audiences including volunteers, staff members and community groups.
- If required, serve as the Foundation’s mission/scientific spokesperson.
Systematization of Mission Content
- Proactively gather and maintain mission relevant information in support of approved and future strategies and directions.
- Work with the Mission Content Team to develop a systematized process to ensure that the SharePoint mission information system is current and meets the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate with mission experts (internal and external) to create support for HSFO initiatives and gather accurate mission information on relevant topics.
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests in a timely manner while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Understand and manage scope of position and filter mission queries appropriately.
- Consistent management of mission information.
- Accountable for ensuring quality control of mission content.
- Accountable for providing accurate scientific, health and mission information to various internal and external stakeholders.
- M.Sc. or equivalent, experience in cardio/cerebrovascular systems as well as statistical/epidemiological experience.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs, including SharePoint. Ability to use SPSS. Ability to learn new programs relative to the tasks assigned.
- Strong editing and writing skills, including writing and reviewing proposals.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
Please forward your resume to:
Human Resources Department
2300 Yonge Street, 13th Floor,
Toronto, Ontario M4P 1E4
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.