Deadline March 31, 201
Plans are being made to hold the 5th Strategies for Working with Fathers conference in the fall of 2011 in Toronto.
Previous Strategies conferences have been extremely successful in disseminating practical and researched-based father involvement information and for allowing for amazing networking around engaging fathers in programs and communities. This event calls together program workers, clinicians, practitioners, managers, and researchers from across Canada to present and share their work with fathers.
Proposals can be:
- to offer a workshop focused on issues and strategies for working with fathers
- to display a father-friendly program, research findings, promotion materials or interventions.
The objectives of the conference are as follows:
- to provide practical and innovative program ideas and strategies for working with fathers
- to increase understanding of issues facing fathers today (health, stress, work/life balance, etc.)
- to become informed of how fathers can best engage their families through day-to-day activities (play, literacy, etc.)
- to expand knowledge about the influence of fathers on the health and well-being of children, families, and communities
- to increase the capacity of communities, agencies, and individuals to better engage fathers
- to create opportunities for participants to network across diverse areas of interest, expertise, and practice with fathers
Proposals must focus on these objectives. Proposals must summarize the practical strategies that will be shared with the participants.
Deadline for Submissions is March 31, 2011
Go to http://www.cfii.ca/strategies_working_fathers for more details and the submission form.
A small honourarium will be available. Travel or other expenses will not be covered for presenters. Presenters will be welcome to register for the conference at no charge.