No deadline noted
Status: Full Time
Hours: 80 hours bi-weekly
The Harrow Health Centre is a community driven and directed organization committed to the provision of primary care, health promotion and disease prevention. We are committed to work with our community in its pursuit of optimum emotional, mental, spiritual, environmental and physical well-being.
Salary Range: Attractive remuneration package, considering skills and experience, will be negotiated with the successful candidates.
Job Summary: The Nurse Practitioner is responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients/clients. The NP initiates treatment including health care, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, policies and procedures. They will provide professional guidance to other health professionals and practice autonomously and interdependently within the context of the interdisciplinary health care team, making referrals to physicians and others as appropriate. They will collaborate with patients and other members of the interdisciplinary team to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for patients, families and our community. They will develop and implement population and evidenced based strategies to improve health and participate in policy making activities that influence health services and practices.
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the College of Registered Nurses.
- Two (2) years of recent, relevant clinical nursing/primary care experience.
- Current BCLS
- Experience working with seniors, multicultural populations and youth.
- Excellent health assessment and diagnostic skills
- Effective counseling and group developmental skills
- Bilingualism would be an asset
Demonstrated skills and abilities:
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with patients and other members of the health care team
- Ability to multi task with a high degree of efficiency
- Ability to assess and refer appropriately as needed
- Ability to lead a team and work within the team
- Ability to self-direct, interact and adapt effectively with other professionals in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to self-assess performance and assume responsibility and accountability for own professional development and education.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Electronic Medical Record applications an asset
Please forward resumes to:
Laura Mckee R.N. Clinical Manager
Harrow Health Centre
1480 Erie St South
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.