March 22-23, 2011
The Westin Harbour Castle
The PARC Physical Activity Symposium 2011 will provide an engaging and practical professional development opportunity for physical activity promoters in public health, community health, recreation and other relevant sectors across Ontario.
- Keynote address by Dr. John Ratey, author of Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
- Panel Discussion on the new Physical Activity Guidelines
- Workshops topics include Youth Engagement, Older Adults, Sustainable Trail Networks, Active Employees, Active Workplaces and Accessibility
We encourage all symposium participants to take the opportunity to profile the work from their unique communities by setting up a display in the PARC Physical Activity Program and Resource Displays. You do not need a full display. Just bring any of the following: resources, posters, binder, brochures, pamphlets, videos, swag or anything else you can share to inform participants. It’s free to sign up. You can confirm on your online registration form.
- 2011 Active Healthy Kids Canada Report Card – Ontario Supplement Teaser
- Workshop topics include Physical Literacy, Healthy Schools, Healthy Living Peer Leaders, WalkON and Early Years
For more information, to view a detailed agenda and register online, please visit the PARC website at http://parc.ophea.net/parc%E2%80%99s-annual-physical-activity-symposium.