Deadline February 22, 2011
The City of Guelph is a vibrant community with over 120,000 people located in the heart of Southern Ontario, just one hours driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, Guelph is known for its rich architectural heritage, growing economy and excellent quality of life - all good reasons to consider a career in this beautiful city.
Resumes are being accepted for the temporary position of Project Specialist, Immigration Partnership within Community and Social Services Department. The successful candidate will support the implementation of the Guelph Wellington Immigration Strategy (guelphwellingtonlip.ca) through the Social Inclusion and Economic Inclusion Delivery Groups and with ongoing data gathering and research support. The City of Guelph is a culturally vibrant, economically diverse and growing community with over 120,000 residents. Located in the heart of Southern Ontario, Guelph is just one hour’s driving distance from Toronto. Set in a picturesque natural setting, The City of Guelph is an organization of choice for people who value integrity, excellence, and wellness. If you want to join us in making a difference in our community and beyond, envision your future here and consider a career in this beautiful city.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Evening and weekend work will be required.
- Provide hands on, technical and program development, implementation and evaluation support to the Strategy Delivery Groups of the Guelph Wellington Immigration Strategy.
- Gather, analyze and report on trends in immigration locally, and provincially using both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Conduct primary data gathering activities to support the implementation of the action strategies.
- Identify and develop funding proposals to support the implementation of the Settlement Strategy.
- Works closely with city staff on the exploration of implementing action strategies within a neighbourhood setting.
- Work with agencies and community organizations that are providing services to newcomers for the purposes of collaboration, communication and partnership.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts in Guelph, Wellington County and other municipal counterparts.
- Supports the project manager in meeting the administrative and financial reporting requirements of the project.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through a degree or diploma in Social Services or related field and experience with program development, implementation and support. Candidates with an equivalent education and experience (including lived experience) may be considered.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Knowledge of community resources and commitment to issues in immigration and inclusion work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports and make presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- A team player with excellent customer service skills with the ability to develop positive relationships with local agencies and approval authorities.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to facilitate and chair meetings and the ability to work with community stakeholders and volunteers.
- Ability to analyze data and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop programming and communication strategies for immigrants and newcomers.
- Experience with grant writing proposals an asset
Salary: $52,047.46 - $65,059.32 per year
Qualified applicants are invited to forward a cover letter and resume, quoting # T-6238, by Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011 to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website at: http://www.guelph.ca/careers > employment opportunities > current openings
Personal information collected through the recruitment process will be used solely to determine eligibility for employment. We thank all candidates in advance; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Guelph is an equal opportunity employer.