Deadline February 21, 2011
Part Time, Contract
Application Deadline: February 21st, 2011
The Regional Diversity Roundtable (RDR) is a network of organizations and institutions committed to building inclusion and diversity competence that results in the institutionalization of equity in their core values, structures, workforce, policies, and services. The RDR is looking for a professional individual committed to diversity and equity to support, coordinate and consolidate its initiatives over the course of the project funding.
RDR Program Assistant, Communications
Supports the Regional Diversity Roundtable initiatives through demonstrated commitment to its vision, mission and mandate as well as assists the RDR Coordinator.
- Research and develop quarterly electronic newsletters and annual print newsletter
- Write and distribute media releases and promotional materials
- Research and develop Web content and assist to manage e-communications and website including regular update events and resource database
- Research and assist in the development of diversity and equity resources including workshops and Practice Briefs
- Assist in the development of program materials and reports
- Attend RDR events
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with media relations and/or corporate communications
- Experience with community outreach and community engagement
- Some post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to diversity, equity and anti-oppression.
The Program Assistant, Communications will be expected to travel across the Region of Peel and GTA to attend RDR events. Access to a vehicle and a valid drivers’ license is an asset.
To apply, send an email titled "Application: Program Assistant, Regional Diversity Roundtable" to
firstname.lastname@example.org, attention: Hiring Committee.
Thank you for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
*The above job description is subject to change as per available funding and as the RDR evolves.