March 22 - 23, 2011
The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
The PARC Physical Activity Symposium 2011 will provide an engaging and practical professional development opportunity for physical activity promoters in public health, community health, recreation and other relevant sectors across Ontario.
Updated symposium session descriptions, presenter bios and symposium brochure are available at http://parc.ophea.net/symposium.
- Keynote by Dr. John Ratey, author of Spark: The Revolutionary New Science of Exercise and the Brain
- Panel Discussion on the New Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines
- Updates to Canada’s Physical Activity guidelines for Older Adults: Review and Implications for Practice/Physical Activity & Older Adults: Cancer Patients & Survivors
- Youth Engagement (Full)
- Sustainable Trails Networks that Rock
- Active Employees, Active Workplaces: Assisting Employers to Promote & Support Physical Activity
- Levelling the Playing Field: Promoting Physical Activity for Canadian of all Disabilities
- We encourage all symposium participants to take the opportunity to profile the work from their unique communities by setting up a display in the PARC Physical Activity Program and Resource Displays.
- You do not need a full display. Just bring any of the following: resources, posters, binder, brochures, pamphlets, videos, swag or anything else you can share to inform participants. It’s free to sign up. You can confirm on your online registration form.
- 2011 Active Healthy Kids Canada Report Card – Ontario Supplement Teaser & Advocacy Strategies to Maximize Impact Roundtable Discussions
- Healthy Schools & Communities
- What is Physical Literacy? (Full)
- Healthy Living Peer Leaders: A Sustainable & Innovative Way to Promote Physical Activity
- Ontario Communities WalkOn – Train the Trainers
- Innovative Active Play in the Early Years