May 5, 2011
8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Queen's Park, MacDonald Block, 77 Wellesley Street
The South Asian population is increasing. Issues are compounding. Effective measurable solutions are being sought. Come and be part of this interactive forum.
- Honour-based Violence and the Canadian Context
- Violence against Women and Children, Communal and Religious Silence
- Cultural Immunity: Men who abuse and why? Breaking the cycle
- Impact of Family Violence
- Hope: Human rights, legal challenges and the United Nations
- Forced Marriages: South Asian culture and the reinforcement of Family honour
- Immigration, sponsorship and the reinforcement of isolation and terror
- The Role of Film, Television and Media in Perpetuating Family Violence
- Elder Abuse, Signs, Symptoms and Solutions
Cost of Conference: $25
Spaces are limited. Register as soon as possible: http://www.socialservicesnetwork.org/sac-workshop.html.
For information and sponsorship contact Khadija Kathy Ali at firstname.lastname@example.org.