Deadline March 18, 2011
1 Year Maternity Leave (1.0 FTE)
South Riverdale Community Health Center is a member of the Diabetes Education Community Network of East Toronto [DEC NET] – a partnership with Toronto East General Hospital and East End Community Health Centre. DEC NET provides self-management education and support for adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Plans, delivers, and evaluates diabetes education programs.
- Develops and evaluates nutrition, diabetes education resources and counseling materials.
- Participates in outreach initiatives.
- Nutrition education and clinical counseling experience.
- Ability to speak and write a South Asian Language an asset.
- Prior specialization in working with South Asian clients.
- Knowledge of the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diabetes self-management and food security.
- Excellent communication and group facilitation skills and adult education experience.
- Experience with outreach, and community-based health care.
- Willingness to work in non-clinical settings and travel within the East Toronto community.
- Membership with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
Deadline: Friday, March 18, 2011
The Hiring Committee
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
See website for more detail: http://www.srchc.com/downloads/JobPostingCommunityDietitianFebraury2011.pdf.