Deadline March 18, 2011
4 days/week, 1 year Maternity Leave
The Diabetes Education Community Network (DECNET) is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, and Toronto East General Hospital. Working within the context of community health principles and practices, DEC NET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with type two-diabetes in East Toronto. Emphasis is placed on increasing access for hard to reach, complex, and marginalized populations.
- Specialization in diabetes or becoming a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Experience with quality improvement initiatives in clinical and health promotion settings.
- Current in evidence based best practices and clinical practice.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental, and cultural issues in diabetes self-management.
- Experience with outreach, and community-based health care.
- Certification as a Registered Nurse in the Province of Ontario.
- Member/eligible for membership with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Deadline: Friday, March 18, 2011
Send resume to:
The Hiring Committee
Diabetes Nurse Educator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
For more information go to: http://www.srchc.com/downloads/JobPostingDiabetesNurseEducatorMarch2011.pdf.