March 8, 2011
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Metro-Central YMCA, 20 Grosvenor Street
Women’s College Hospital wants you to be inspired by the heroic women of Burma. Please join us for the Toronto premiere of the documentary This Is My Witness – a film about two Burmese women, and their incredible journey of survivorship and the path to justice – followed by a panel discussion with leading-edge thinkers.
We hope you’ll discover how global issues affect women’s lives locally, and that all of us can become leaders of change.
Guest Speakers Include:
- Julaine Eberhard, PhD, LLB – Co-ordinator of the International Tribunal on Crimes Against Women of Burma
- Janice Du Mont, EdD – Scientist, Women’s College Research Institute
- Johanna MacDonald, LLB – Chair of Toronto Working Group, Canadian Centre for International Justice
- Sheila Macdonald, RN, MN – Provincial Co-ordinator of the Ontario Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Treatment Centres
- Pah Wah – A Burmese woman, living in Toronto, who supported a testifier in the International Tribunal on Crimes Against Women of Burma
Admission is free; to RSVP please email Jenny.Cheadle@wchospital.ca. Seating is limited.
For more information, please visit http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/Bulletin/eblast-feb-10-2011.html.
day, March 8, 2011, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.