April 14 & April 21, 2011
In February 2009, OPHA received Health Canada funding to lead a provincial Youth Engagement Project. Working closely with six pilot sites throughout Ontario, OPHA assisted with local youth engagement initiatives and developed tools and resources for organizations to use when working with youth, including a comprehensive toolkit and networking website!
OPHA is holding two identical free webinars to introduce public health professionals, NGOs, and community partners throughout the province to the YE Project. Highlights of this webinar include:
Showcasing details of this exciting project including:
- Important evaluation findings
- The development of our Youth Engagement Toolkit that highlights the different stages for effectively working with youth
- Our Guide to Youth Engagement that highlights how to prepare for youth engagement, develop youth engagement programming, and sustaining youth engagement programming
- The pilot phase of this project and learnings from this process
An opportunity for dialogue
- Hear from OPHA staff what worked, what were some barriers/challenges, and what were our lessons learned
- Have an opportunity to ask questions and gain access to the valuable resources and tools OPHA has to offer
- Learn about OPHA's upcoming in-person interactive workshops
THis is an excellent professional development opportunity for those preparing for and/or already involved in youth engagement within their organization!
To register for a webinar please visit http://www.youthengagement.ca/webinar.
If you have any questions please contact Evanna Li at email@example.com.