Deadline March 18, 2011
The Corporation of the County of Huron Huron County Health Unit Requires
(1) One Permanent Full Time Public Health Promoter
The Health Unit currently has an opening for a full time Health Promoter. The successful candidate will be part of a multidisciplinary team to plan and implement public health programs.
- Baccalaureate degree in Health Science, Social Science or other related discipline, a specialization in health promotion is an asset
- Knowledge of health promotion strategies, population health approaches, behaviour change theories, policy development, community development and group facilitation
- Program planning and evaluation knowledge and skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and oral
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
- Capacity to develop good public relations and community partnerships is essential.
- Excellent computer skills
- Own transportation for work related travel
Salary Range: As per Collective Agreement
Please forward cover letter and resume by 4:30 p.m. March 16th, 2011 to:
Huron County Health Unit
1 Court House Square
Goderich, ON N7A 1M2
Email: humanresources [at] huroncounty [dot] ca OR
Fax (519) 524-4172
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. Information is collected solely for the purpose of job selection under the provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Posted: March 03, 2011