Deadline March 28, 2011 [Deadline extended on March 25]
The Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) plays a critical and strategic role in leading Ontario's public health system. In addition to providing expertise in public health and disease prevention, the CMOH fulfills legislated obligations and is a catalyst for the integration of public health across government.
The CMOH office deals with diverse, cross-government and multi-sectoral issues on a daily basis. We have an exciting opportunity for an Issues Management and Stakeholder Relations Advisor. If you are looking to join a high performing team with challenging work, this may be the place for you!
In this role, you will:
- provide strategic issues management, stakeholder and communication expertise to the CMOH for a range of public health and health promotion issues;
- develop and recommend strategies to prevent or mitigate these issues;
- lead the design, development and implementation of business process and systems to effectively identify, analyse, track and respond to emerging and contentious issues;
- manage relationships and act as a focal point of contact between CMOH and key stakeholders;
- assist in the development and implementation of public education, outreach strategies and other strategic communication plans;
- coordinate media requests, events and speaking engagements and lead projects.
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Communications, Stakeholder Relationship and Issues Management Knowledge:
- you have knowledge of strategic communications, stakeholder relationship and issues management methods, techniques and principles
- you have knowledge of media relations strategies to work collaboratively with stakeholders in responding to local, national and/or international media requests
- you can manage contentious issues effectively and identify risk mitigation strategies
Communication, Presentation, Business Relationship and Networking Skills:
- you can develop and maintain key relationships with stakeholders
- you can provide information and sound advice to executives and staff and external providers
- you can provide strategic recommendations for managing issues and competing priorities
- you can prepare and present a variety of reports and correspondence
Health care Knowledge:
- you have knowledge of public health system and health promotion priorities
- you have general knowledge of the broader health care system and how public health fits in
- you have knowledge of CMOH's independent legislative role
- you have a strong political acuity and ability to understand the government's changing climate and culture
Project Management Skills:
- you have knowledge of project management methods and you can lead project teams
Research, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills:
- you can monitor, research and analyse emerging public health and related health care system issues and trends
Salary range: $72,003.00 - $93,346.00 per annum
Please apply online, by March 25, 2011, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 34244 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.