Deadline March 25, 2011
The Chief Medical Officer of Health (CMOH) plays a critical and strategic role in leading Ontario's public health system. In addition to providing expertise in public health and disease prevention, the CMOH fulfills legislated obligations and is a catalyst for the integration of public health across government.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Planner to lead multiple, concurrent and high profile public health projects.
In this role, you will:
- provide project leadership, strategic planning and analysis on the development, implementation and evaluation of policies to address planning, program, population or service specific issues
- oversee all aspects of project management and provide direction to project teams
- develop and manage project tracking systems and reporting mechanisms
- facilitate project communications to stakeholders and project teams
- conduct research, analytical support and impact analyses and assessment on a broad range of issues, trends and directions impacting the health service demands, health system and future health system needs
- provide planning and policy expertise, strategies and policy options to management
- identify and develop deliverables and outcomes related to projects and policy development
Location: 80 Grosvenor Street, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Project Management Knowledge and Strategic Planning Skills:
- you have knowledge of project management life cycle, principles and methodologies
- you have knowledge of cost, risk, quality and resource management principles and techniques
- you have knowledge of planning, policy and research tools and techniques (e.g., evidence-based strategies, data sets, data collection and analysis, forecasting and benchmarking)
- you can develop critical paths, identify milestones and develop concrete project deliverables and outcomes within a policy context
Problem Solving, Quantitative and Economic Analysis Skills:
- you can evaluate and resolve complex technical and project-related problems
- you can analyse trends, data sets, health system and policy options
- you can use evidence and data to inform the policy development process and ongoing work of the CMOH
Communication, Conflict Resolution and Computer Skills:
- you can prepare and present complex research analyses, evidence-based decision making results, planning and policy reports and speeches
- you can provide recommendations for prioritization of deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- you can access the Internet as a research tool and use office software to prepare a variety of materials
Health Care Knowledge:
- you have general knowledge of the public health system, the broader health care system and the complex relationships between internal and external stakeholders
- you have a strong political acuity and you understand the translation of science to policy
Salary range: $72,003.00-$93,346.00 per annum
Please apply online, by March 25, 2011, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 34246 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.