Deadline May 2, 2011
The 2011 Ophea Conference invites workshop applications from professionals who can offer new information or insight on ways to support healthy active living for children and youth or put an interesting twist on current practices.
We are looking for workshops on topics such as:
- developing policy around healthy schools and communities
- integrating elementary healthy living curriculum into literacy and numeracy
- basic principles of how to teach health and physical education
- activity programs using big or outdoor spaces
- funding for non-traditional games
- incorporation of mental health
The conference takes place Thursday, October 13 - Saturday, October 15 at Nottawasaga Inn Resort in Alliston, Ontario. Delegates include elementary and secondary teachers, administrators, health and physical education consultants, public health professionals, recreation leaders, and others interested in the health of children and youth.
The submission deadline for presenter applications is Monday, May 2, 2011.
For more information and to access the application form visit: http://conference.ophea.net.