Deadline April 1, 2011
Program: Infectious Disease Prevention and Environmental Health Division
Responsible for planning, leading, organizing and managing specific public health programs and services in
consultation with the Director. Develops partnerships with community partners and other public health agencies to
achieve common goals for the better health of the citizens of KFL&A. Fosters a culture at KFL&A Public Health that
supports public health programs and services of the highest quality.
- Bachelor of Science – Nursing (BScN) degree.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study preferred.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in public health or a related field.
- Community development, program planning and team and coalition building.
- Health promotion, protection and disease prevention theory and strategies.
- Leadership experience at both the program/unit and organizational level.
- Management experience preferred.
- Fundamental program specific content knowledge with a demonstrated ability and commitment to acquire advanced content knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
- results management skills (planning, organizing, coordinating, evaluating)
- resource management skills (human, financial, information)
- change management skills
- ability to build relationships and partnerships
- commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- ability to understand and learn key relationships within the organization and in other organizations
- sensitivity to political issues and the public health environment
- software proficiency
- ability to attend work on a regular basis
- ability to meet the physical demands of the position
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please apply in writing by April 1, 2011, to: Human
Resources, KFL&A Public Health: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.