Deadline March 25, 2011
This is a 1 year, full-time contract position (with the possibility of renewal) to assist YWCA Canada in the successful implementation of its newly-adopted Atlantic Region Extension Strategy. The successful candidate will work with the Atlantic Region Working Group to engage women across the Atlantic Region in leadership development, connecting them with mentors in the YWCA movement, involving them in identifying the needs in their communities and mobilizing them to respond. The position will build awareness of YWCA’s historic contribution to women and girls in Atlantic Canada and make YWCA’s tradition of strong women’s leadership accessible to women leaders today.
The position involves significant travel and flexible work hours.
Desired Qualifications (summary):
- University degree in women’s studies, political science, sociology, marketing, communications or other relevant discipline
- Fluent in French and English –written and spoken
- Minimum 5 years experience working in area of women’s issues; demonstrated understanding of women’s and community issues in the context of a diverse community; demonstrated leadership and excellent organizational skills essential
- Proven track record supporting group processes to achieve desired outcomes
- Experience with women’s issues in Atlantic Canada a key asset
- Self-starter, able to work alone and to shuttle between tasks and groups effectively
- Competence in computer applications essential, minimum Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of web-based materials, databases and graphic design are definite assets.
You may request the complete position description by contacting email@example.com.
Location: Atlantic Canada –TBD
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
Start date: Mid-end April, 2011
If you want to help YWCA Canada foster women’s leadership and make life better for women and girls in Atlantic Canada and if you think you have the desired qualifications, please submit a letter of application with salary expectations and your resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate Atlantic Coordinator Search in the subject heading.
Deadline for applications: March 25, 2011.
YWCA Canada is the country's oldest largest women's multi-service organization. With 33 Member Associations operating in more than 400 districts and communities across the country, our Turning Point Programs for Women™ - which address personal safety, economic security and well-being - reach out to 1 million women, girls and their families in nine provinces and one territory. YWCA is the largest national provider of shelter to women, serving 25,000 women, children and teen girls including 6,000 fleeing domestic violence each year. We are the largest provider of literacy, life skills, employment and counselling programs in the country, and the second largest provider of childcare services. YWCA Canada is a member association of the World YWCA which unites 25 million women and girls worldwide and spans 125 countries.
The successful candidate will be committed to working from an anti-oppression, feminist perspective. We encourage applicants from visible minority, Aboriginal, immigrant, refugee and traditionally marginalized communities to apply.
YWCA Canada is a national, charitable organization committed to equity and equality for all women and girls. Only those applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
[Source: SDOH-L, https://listserv.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=sdoh&A=1]