May 2-3, 2011
Join NEDIC and leading-edge practitioners, educators and activists in opportunities to share experiences, learn new approaches, and change perceptions about body image and self concept issues.
- What strategies are most effective at addressing self-esteem?
- Who’s doing innovative research we can use?
- How do we balance physical activity and nutrition concerns?
- When can we shift from treatment to prevention?
- How are body image issues affecting diverse populations, including boys?
- Mindfulness and emotional development
- Weight -focused bullying
- Male athletes: weight and shape issues
- Binge-eating: understanding and working with it
- Body-image issues among adult women
- Social inequities and weight and shape issues
- Disordered eating and substance use/abuse
- Dr. Lyn Mikel Brown, The Sexualization of Girls in Media: Considering the Effects and SPARKing a Response
- Dr. Margo Maine, Challenging the BMI: Body Mass Index or Body Myth Insanity?
- Dr. Natalie Beausoleil, Exploring Social Inequities and the Impact on Health Policy and Practice using Obesity as a Case Study
- Early bird rate: $295 for 2-day conference
- Regular rate: $325
- Student and one-day rates available
For more information, please visit http://www.nedic.ca.