Deadline April 4, 2011
Assignment: Infectious Diseases and Tuberculosis Control Program
Wage/Salary: $79,821.20 – $98,767.40 per annum (includes market adjustment of $4,000.00, reviewed annually)
- Ensures the implementation and evaluation of a broad range of health protection, promotion and prevention strategies and activities in accordance with the Ontario Public Health Standards and Protocols, applicable legislation, and prescribed regulations and standards.
- Develops and implements an operational plan of diverse activities for the program based on current evidence-based, specific literature, epidemiologic principles, and legislation.
- Manages a program budget of approximately $1,000,000.
- Directly supervises a team of program staff, which could include Public Health Nurse, Registered Nurses and other positions, with full responsibility for interviewing and selection, training, scheduling, and performance management.
- Makes complex decisions, requiring the interpretation of all related legislation, regulations, policies, and scientific data which carry health impact, political, legal and financial implications.
- Provides on-call coverage on rotating weekends and selected week days for communicable disease control emergency response.
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Masters Degree in Nursing or a health-related field.
- Significant, related public health experience in a progressively responsible leadership, supervisory or managerial capacity; a current license to practice in the appropriate discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of theories and principles of public health management, including health protection and promotion, multi-media and marketing strategies, epidemiology, community health planning, program evaluation and research methodology; plus comprehensive knowledge of labour relations, policy and program development, budget preparation, and program evaluation.
- Thorough working knowledge of relevant acts and related legislation.
For more information on this exciting opportunity please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Job Opportunities" on the left hand menu bar. Click on "Search Jobs." Finally, click on "Manager, Infectious Diseases, Dental and Sexual Health" to view the full position description.
Please apply online, by the closing date April 4, 2010, quoting competition number 2011-1098. Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.