New Liskeard, Ontario
Deadline April 29, 2011
The Timiskaming Health Unit requires a Medical Officer of Health, to direct all programs offered by Public Health Services division, leading staff to provide maximum service through a management team approach, and develop new programs to meet community needs.
The Medical Officer of Health will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development and articulation of Public Health policy and acts as the major spokesperson for the department on public health matters
- Supporting a team of staff, and providing consultant advice on the following mandatory public health programs as outlined in the Ontario Public Health Standards 2008
- Directing staff with the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and services.
- Directing staff in assessing the health needs of the community
- Acting as advisor to the board in their review of the program proposals
- Serving as an integral member of the municipal emergency response team
For more information on this position and qualifications, please visit our website at http://www.timiskaminghu.com.
Applications will be accepted until April 29, 2011. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Please apply to:
Manager of Human Resources
Timiskaming Health Unit
421 Shepherdson Road
New Liskeard, ON P0J 1P0