Deadline April 1, 2011
Are you committed to promoting the health and well-being of Ontarians? Are you a proven strategic program leader with specialized expertise in the area of tobacco control?
Consider this opportunity to provide leadership and guidance to key provincial strategies for health promotion programs.
- provide strategic project planning and leadership to concurrent program implementation projects
- nurture strong working relationships with ministry colleagues and a diverse stakeholder community
- provide influence and support for policy and strategic initiatives in the ministry
- prepare complex operational plans and strategies
- prepare a variety of health promotion communications materials
Location: 393 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
What we are looking for:
Knowledge of Health Promotion:
- you can deliver complex, high-profile health promotion programs using proven expertise and leadership skills
- you can implement programs using knowledge of tobacco control, population health and social determinants of health
- you understand health promotion principles and methods in order to provide health promotion expertise and advice
Program and Policy Development Skills:
- you can review and analyse policy and programs using evaluation techniques
- you can use research tools to monitor and evaluate ministry programs and health promotion strategic initiatives
- you can think critically in order to be strategic in program implementation
Communications and Relationship Management Skills:
- you understand the complex issues of public health and health care facilities to manage stakeholders
- you can plan and lead multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- you can initiate and nurture strong working relationships with colleagues
- you can negotiate with stakeholders using excellent communication skills
Salary range: $72,003.00 - $93,346.00 per annum
Please apply online, only, at http://www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 32526, by April 1, 2011. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.