Deadline April 13, 2011
Full Time Position (One Year Temporary Contract)
The CARE Centre is a bridge training initiative designed to provide supports and services to internationally educated nurses (IENs) living in Ontario so that they can practice and excel in their profession in the shortest time possible. Funded primarily through the Provincial Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration, the CARE Centre is a multi-partner initiative that invents, co-ordinates and delivers flexible, client-focused education and support services such as: job shadowing, exam preparation activities, counseling, orientation to nursing in Ontario and sector-specific language training.
2011 marks CARE Centre’s 10th Anniversary. CARE Centre is growing; Marketing and communications has been identified as a strategic priority. CARE Centre has developed a communications and marketing strategy to support its growth and reach key stakeholders. We are looking for a professional who is able to work closely, flexibly and energetically with a staff team which is dispersed in several locations across the province. The individual is expected to work in a principled and pragmatic way in working towards the achievement of the CARE Centre’s mission and goals. This position will reside primarily in Toronto. Travel within Ontario will be required.
Reporting initially to the Executive Director and working closely with the Management and Staff team, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible to develop, implement and manage the CARE Centre’s Communications and Marketing Strategy, as well as develop and manage its fundraising activities. Key responsibilities include to:
- Oversee the implementation of all of the elements of CARE Centre’s annual Communication and Marketing strategy.
- Assist CARE Centre Executive Director with the development and monitoring of CARE Centre’s budget as it relates to marketing and communications.
- Ensure and maintain CARE Centre brand standards awareness and compliance within the organization.
- Manage CARE Centre’s online presence: website design and content, search engine optimization, search engine marketing, social media networking and overall brand recognition. Serve as website contact person and online privacy officer.
- Coordinate and oversee multimedia projects at CARE Centre: film, photography, etc. Work closely with consultants and developers to ensure appropriate positioning of CARE Centre’s key messages and the presence of CARE Centre’s brand in all efforts.
- Develop and execute ongoing advertising strategy.
- Source and oversee production of CARE Centre promotional items as required. Develop and monitor guidelines for distribution in conjunction with the Management Team. Ensure quantity maintenance and proper distribution.
- Coordination of CARE Centre public relations. Work with project leads and/or consultants to maximize opportunities, isolate and execute media relations strategies throughout the year.
- Provide support and take lead as needed for event coordination at CARE Centre.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a community based outreach strategy for the various communities where CARE Centre is present.
- Work closely with Executive Director to develop and execute a fundraising strategy for CARE Centre.
- University degree in Communications and/or Marketing.
- Project management skill and experience is desired.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
Exceptional computer literacy and proficiency in computer programs such as:
- Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook
- Internet Browsers
- Creative programs such as Photoshop, Adobe etc
- Social-media savvy; experience in online community management an asset.
- Ability to give presentations to a wide variety of audiences professionally.
- Knowledge of the Registered Charities and the Income Tax Act or willingness to obtain same
Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
Please send a resume with cover letter by Wednesday, April 13, 2011, explaining how your experience has prepared you for this position to: The CARE Centre for Internationally Educated Nurses, 45 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 512, Toronto, ON M2N 5W9 Attention Hiring Committee or email [email protected].
We thank all applicants for applying. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The CARE Centre is committed to diversity in the workplace.