May 11, 2011
Bluma Appel Salon, Toronto Public Reference Library, 2nd Floor, 789 Yonge Street
Safe Kids Week Give your kid a boost!: May 30 – June 5, 2011 – Safe Kids Canada
Safe Kids Week is Safe Kids Canada's annual national campaign, designed to raise awareness about the frequency and severity of preventable childhood injuries, the leading cause of death of Canadian children.
The theme of this year’s Safe Kids Week is Give your kid a boost!. The focus on child passenger safety will bring attention to motor vehicle injuries, the leading cause of injury-related death for Canadian children. The official launch will take place in Toronto on May 11th, to coincide with the global launch of the World Health Organization’s Decade of Action for Road Safety.
Join us for the launch event.
Bring your questions and get answers from a leading panel of experts on child passenger safety:
- Ben Shannon Safety Research Advisor, Road Safety Policy Office (Vehicles) Ontario Ministry of Transportation
- William Altenhof, Ph.D., P.Eng. Professor, University of Windsor, Department of Mechanical, Automotive and Materials Engineering
- Elaine Dimitroff, Regional Marketing Planner, Ontario Ministry of Transportation, Road Safety Marketing Office
- Anne Snowdon, R.N., Ph.D., Associate Professor, Odette School of Business, University of Windsor
- Ronald Vandeursen, Collision Reconstruction, Ontario Provincial Police
Across Canada, Safe Kids Canada partners are conducting Give your kid a boost! events May 30 to June 5, educating families on child passenger safety.
Safe Kids Canada is the national injury prevention program of The Hospital for Sick Children.
To RSVP for the launch or for more information, please visit http://www.safekidscanada.ca.