Deadlines April 19 & 29, 2011
Nurse Practitioners (Clinical Services) – 1 part-time, 2 casual positions
Region of Waterloo Public Health
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
- Casual position: April 19, 2011
- Part-time position: April 29, 2011
Wage: $38.55 - $52.81 per hour
- Provide clinical, treatment, counselling and referral services within the scope and functions of a Nurse Practitioner (Extended Class) in the Sexual Health clinics.
- Facilitates the implementation of College of Nurses of Ontario Standards and Practices Guidelines by participating in the creation of policy and procedure manuals and medical directives.
- Plans, implements, and assists with yearly quality assurance reviews.
- Assists in developing and implementing a framework of clinical service delivery. Participates in evaluation and research initiatives.
- Provides health assessments and synthesizes data from multiple sources to make a diagnosis of a disease or disorder.
- Initiates screening procedures and provides treatment.
- Arranges for appropriate clinic physician to review all diagnosis and treatment plans. Initiates and manages the care and/or monitors the ongoing therapy of clients by providing pharmacological, complementary, or counseling interventions.
- Links clients with appropriate community and health care services
Required Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- Current CNO Certificate of Competence as a Registered Nurse Practitioner
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, including preparation in Public Health Nursing
- Current CPR certification and current immunization for Hepatitis B and influenza
For more information on these exciting opportunities please visit the Region of Waterloo website at http://www.region.waterloo.on.ca. Click on "Job Opportunities" on the left hand menu bar. Click on "Search Jobs." Finally, click on "Nurse Practitioner" to view the full position description.
Please apply online, by the application deadline, quoting competition number 2010-1594 (part-time position) or 2011-1067 (casual position). Or, send your resume to: The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, Staffing Coordinator, 150 Frederick Street, 3rd Floor, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all those who take the time to apply, but only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.