Deadline May 13, 2011
Full time permanent
The Diabetes Education Community Network (DECNET) is a partnership among South Riverdale Community Health Centre, East End Community Health Centre, and Toronto East General Hospital. Working within the context of community health principles and practices, DEC NET provides diabetes education support and services to adults with Type 2 diabetes in East Toronto.
- Plans, delivers, and evaluates community engagement.
- Undertakes outreach, engagement and communication.
- Uses a health promotion approach by raising awareness and advocating.
- Produces communication to promote awareness of diabetes and DEC NET.
- Assist planning and developing DEC NET programs and services.
- University degree in health, social science, adult education, communication or related field.
- Three to five years experience.
- Experience and knowledge of health promotion, health education, community development, program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience working with volunteers and marginalized communities.
- Knowledge of self-management of diabetes.
- Ability to speak and write a South Asian language is an asset.
Deadline: Friday May 13, 2011
The Hiring Committee
Diabetes Nurse Educator
South Riverdale Community Health Centre
955 Queen Street East
Toronto, ON, M4M 3P3
See website for more detail: