London, Toronto, & Ottawa, Ontario
June 15, 16, & 17, 2011
This one-day workshop will introduce participants to the importance and value of media advocacy as a tool to advance healthy public policy and how community mobilization can support local and community level policy efforts.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role of public policies in supporting healthy behaviors
- Identify specific policies to address identified public health problems
- Explain how media advocacy can be used to advance specific health policies
- Design and execute media advocacy interventions and campaigns
Media Advocacy in Public Health workshops are intended for public health unit staff and other community members who are interested in, or working on, media advocacy.
Our workshops have a limited number of participants (40). Sign up early. Registrants will be placed on a waiting list once spots are filled.
- London, June 15, 2011, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Toronto, June 16, 2011, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Ottawa, June 17, 2011, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
To register, visit the PTCC website: http://www.ptcc-cfc.on.ca/english/Training/.