St. Thomas, Ontario
Deadline May 23, 2011
Notice of Vacancy
Posting Period: May 10th-May 23rd, 2011
Capacity Management Coordinator
Temporary Full-Time (Approximately 6-9 months) – Secondment opportunity
We Value: Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Safety
Our Vision is to deliver an excellent patient care experience, in a safe and compassionate environment, in collaboration with our healthcare partners.
This position will assess the current state of Capacity Management, Collaboration & Coordination systems in use within the South West LHIN. Investigation of potential future states will be a key component as well as an approach for procurement within the LHIN. Travel required across the South West LHIN region.
As one of the focal points of the South West LHIN’s eHealth Strategy, Capacity Management, Coordination and Collaboration can be advanced by initiating projects that include utilization and bed management through the use of supporting technology. The systems selected would monitor patient stay, highlight care delays, assess discharge readiness, provide consistency in the care process and an understanding of when the patient should be admitted/discharged, ensuring optimum patient safety. The whole assessment process stimulates and guides clinical critical thinking for the nurse/care provider. These types of projects and supporting technologies help ensure the smooth and orderly allocation of beds to patients, minimizing allocation delays, transfers, and bed turnaround times. This includes improved management of internal and external requests and demands for valuable resources.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Graduate of a college or university program in a related discipline
- Project Management or related courses or experience
- A degree/diploma or certificate in IT or Clinical Informatics is an asset
- Knowledge of systems and applications in hospitals is strongly preferred
- Experience in data/information gathering as well as research experience to determine future state options
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, including the ability to facilitate team meetings
- Exceptional initiative, problem identification, resolution and analytical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills and the ability to apply knowledge at an enterprise level within a complex system environment
- An understanding of clinical flows and basic Health Information Management processes
- Self motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer-service orientation
Applicants who wish to be considered for the vacancy shall submit their resume directly to http://www.stegh.on.ca.
All applicants will be considered.