Deadline May 24, 2011
The Regional Municipality of York consists of a dynamic blend of rural and urban communities. The nine local municipalities provide a mix of small-town and city living with an emphasis on fostering community character. As one of the Greater Toronto’s Top Employers (2011), York Region offers diverse and vibrant career opportunities that reflect the ideals, spirit and quality of life of a much sought-after and growing metropolis.
Clinical Supervisor, Early Intervention OH11482
Community and Health Services Department
Social Services Branch
Location: 3901 Highway #7, Woodbridge, ON
Temporary Full-Time, Approximately 1 year
Salary $82,956 - $94,213 annually
Reporting to the Manager, Early Intervention Services, is responsible for supervising the development, co-ordination and delivery of Clinical Occupational and Physiotherapy treatment and consultative services within Early Intervention Services for infants and children (birth to age six) with special needs in accordance with pertinent legislation and the Region’s policies and procedures.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Physiotherapy or Occupational therapy.
- Must be registered with and be a member in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario or the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario, as appropriate.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in the field of infant and early child (birth to six years) therapy program delivery with demonstrated supervisory or leadership experience.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s licence and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Clear Tuberculosis test.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Standards, Acts, Regulations and applicable professional standards of practice, policies and procedures as they relate to Regulated Health Professions and Child and Family Services.
- Thorough understanding of program eligibility requirements for infants and children with special needs and their families to assign caseloads appropriately.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management, accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Management competencies including results/achievement focus, human resources management, leadership, financial management, business planning, decision making/judgement, representation and professionalism and job knowledge.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications.
- Facilitation/presentation skills to present programs internally and externally.
- Contemporary staff supervisory skills including knowledge of collective agreement administration and interpretation, labour relations principles and practices, and relevant employment legislation.
- Ability to relate in an objective and empathic way to family situations.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line at http://www.york.ca by 4:30 p.m. on May 24, 2011 quoting competition #OH11482. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on York Region, please visit the above-mentioned website.