Deadline May 16, 2011
The Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH) is a national body that provides Canada’s federal, provincial and territorial health care decision makers with credible, impartial advice and evidence-based information about the effectiveness and efficiency of drugs and other health technologies. We have an immediate opening for a:
Knowledge Exchange Officer
to join our Knowledge Exchange (KE) team. If you’re experienced in the health environment, with knowledge exchange/transfer expertise and a desire to make a difference, this senior contributor position may be for you. You’ll join a team focused on maximizing the uptake of our products and services to improve the health of Canadians.
As Knowledge Exchange Officer, you will:
- Participate on CADTH’s cross-functional teams to ensure that we develop and deliver the right products, tools and services for each of our customers in a way that informs their health-care decision making and maximizes CADTH’s impact.
- Design and implement targeted knowledge exchange/transfer strategies to transfer CADTH’s research findings to key audiences;
- Network and build rapport with key external groups/stakeholders to identify and create synergies and opportunities to highlight CADTH deliverables;
- Lead assigned KE projects determining project needs, timelines and engaging internal and external resources;
- Assess the impact of CADTH knowledge exchange material and make recommendations on future improvements and best practices.
Your target audiences are the federal and provincial ministries of health, regional health authorities, local health integrated networks, major hospitals and health care providers. The types of products/tools you will prepare will include: key messages; summary reports; newsletters; decision aids; etc. for various audiences covering CADTH research findings.
You bring a degree in health sciences (preferably a BSc Pharm or Pharm D) or other clinically related fields plus 4-6 years in a health related environment. Formal training in Knowledge Exchange/Transfer would be an asset.
You also bring:
- knowledge of the Canadian health care system
- a good understanding of research and evidence-based medicine principles and an understanding of critical appraisal of medical literature
- a strong understanding of ‘best practices’ in the knowledge transfer field and experience developing knowledge transfer strategy
- excellent writing skills along with effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- a collaborative approach and ease with fostering productive and respectful working relationships
- a commitment to excellence, an achievement orientation and a preference for a fast paced work environment
- customer service focus, and
- ideas, adaptability, and that desire to make a difference.
Join us and make a difference to healthcare in Canada.
This position closed on May 16, 2011.