Markham, Ontario (Highway 7 and Woodbine Avenue)
Deadline: June 13, 2011
The Ontario Long Term Care Association (OLTCA) is the largest long term care association in Ontario and the only association that represents the full mix of long term care operators—not-for-profit, charitable, municipal and private sector. OLTCA members operate 428 long term care homes in communities throughout the province, providing care and service to some 50,000 residents.
We are seeking an energetic, self-motivated student with a background in multimedia production, broadcasting or education
Specific work tasks and responsibilities:
- Create a series of informative and short, visually appealing education modules for family caregivers and front-line workers on key aspects of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act
- Develop promotional online videos profiling people and services in long term care homes
- Create graphics for use in multimedia and online learning products
- Capture and edit video and audio, create RSS feeds.
WageRange: $ 11 to $ 14/HR
Currently pursuing a college or university degree in multimedia
As this position will be funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program: Program requirements
- Was enrolled full time as a student in a College or University program in the preceding academic year
- Intends to return to College or University on a full time basis as a student during the next academic year
- Is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations
This position closed June 13, 2011.