Deadline: June 30, 2011
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR – Flemingdon Health Centre
Founded in 1972, Flemingdon Health Centre is one of Ontario’s most established and respected Community Health Centers providing a broad range of primary health services with an emphasis on illness prevention, health promotion, health education and community development. As a fully accredited, non-profit charitable community health centre, FHC services their local community and is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care through the Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network.
Flemingdon Health Centre is looking to identify an Executive Director to lead a seasoned, multi disciplined team of clinical and community health professionals and to execute the strategic direction of the governing Board of Directors. The Executive Director will be a dynamic and passionately committed community health service professional who demonstrates a profound understanding and belief in the operational management of Primary Health Care. The successful incumbent must have a proven track record of success in working within a general management or senior administrative capacity, in addition to demonstrating well versed knowledge and hands on experience in working within a community healthcare or social services infrastructure.
- Lead, develop and direct multi-disciplined teams of primary care and social services professionals.
- Oversee and manage day to day centre operations, managing an annual budget of $6MM to achieve results in client services and program delivery.
- Develop and sustain strong internal and external relationships with department heads, staff and external stakeholders (including clients, funding sources and community partners).
- Assess and refine internal organizational structure while driving core competencies, promoting people development, enhancing community awareness and ensuring the delivery of quality programs and services.
- Oversee the implementation of policies and procedures which comply with Canadian regulatory and compliance standards and which are in alignment with Health Services Accreditation.
- Act as an enthusiastic and passionate advocate and external promoter for FHC, reinforcing program and service awareness within the local community.
- Post baccalaureatedegree in business, public or health administration with at least 4-5 years managerial experience in the community health care and/or social services sector.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus and to manage and direct multi-disciplined teams and programs in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
- Visionary leadership qualities with a proven ability to empower, motivate and engage a diverse team of managers, staff and volunteers.
- Respected and well networked within community health care, employing exceptional relationship building and influencing skills in order to drive win-win partnerships with clients, funding sources and key government decision-makers.
- Comprehensive understanding of the Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs), government strategic policies, system standards and the delivery plans for all provincial programs and services.
- Adept in the ability to manage technical and infrastructural change, with a sound understanding of health informatics and the implementation of electronic health records.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills, with the ability to influence and build consensus with both internal and external stakeholders.
Applicants are invited to submit their resumes and letters of interest before June 30th, 2011, to the attention of Jo Canning, Senior Associate, EMA Partners Toronto - Executive Search at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.