Deadline: June 14, 2011
TAIBU Community Health Centre
Position Type: Full Time
No of Positions:One (1)
Application Deadline: June 14, 2011
TAIBU CHC, a new Community Health Centre being established in the Malvern Neighbourhood, is offering exciting employment opportunities to serve the community and make an impact to address the systemic barriers faced by the residents to access primary healthcare services. In addition to serving the diverse community of Malvern, TAIBU CHC has a complimentary mandate to develop and deliver specialized programs and services to the Black Community. Our main focus will be on children, youth & young adults and seniors.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of health and social service professionals providing high quality, accessible and sustainable healthcare programs and services to the community in partnership with other community based organizations to address individual, family and community needs.
- Perform community needs assessments and coordinate, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate programs to respond to those needs
- Identify and manage health promotion resources
- Maintain a communication network with community and staff by attending team and staff meetings
- Act as the resource in reporting and making recommendations about promotional materials and activities
- Support the development, implementation and evaluation of health promotion resources/ materials
- Assist staff in locating community resources by liaising with community groups and other health/social service agencies to provide referral information where necessary
- Establish and maintain links and develop partnerships with other agencies in the community
- Assist in developing funding proposals and manage health promotion budgets
- Recruit and supervise volunteers involved in health promotion activities
- 3-5 years work experience in health promotion or community development position working in a culturally and racially diverse community based setting.
- Post Graduate degree in health, social science or related discipline or a combination of undergraduate degree and significant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources, health promotion and social determinants of health and public health policies and their impact on marginalized and racialized communities
- Experience of working with low income, marginalized, migrant and other priority groups in the community on health and social service issues
- Experience in developing and managing community based projects including financial management reporting and budgetary preparation
- Experience in conducting/participating in research on health needs through community participation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and group facilitation skills
- Proven leadership, consultation and collaborative skills
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends
- Ability to work independently as well as part of multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of supervising/mentoring staff, students and volunteers
- Proficiency in the use of computer and various software applications including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and email
- Knowledge of the Malvern community is an asset
Proficiency in languages predominantly spoken in the community is considered an asset
Interested candidates should submit their resume with a covering letter (Application Deadline: June 14, 2011) to:
The Health Promoter Hiring Committee
TAIBU Community Health Centre
27 Tapscott Road, Unit 1
Scarborough, ON M1B 4Y7
Compensation: $ 51,641-62,219 + benefits package
No telephone enquiries. TAIBU CHC thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those persons selected for an interview will be contacted.
TAIBU Community Health Centre is an equal opportunity employer and applicants from racialized and minoritized communities are strongly encouraged.