Deadline: June 14, 2011
REGENT PARK COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTRE
A very busy community-based, non-profit organization, serving a diverse community, and an equal-opportunity employer.
PATHWAYS TO EDUCATION
The Pathways to Education ProgramTM is an initiative of the Regent Park Community Health Centre and starting its 10th year of operation. The mission of Pathways is to reduce poverty and its effects by supporting the development of youth from economically disadvantaged communities and promoting their individual health and the health of the community by addressing two principal social determinants of health: education and income.
Three-month Contract – 20 Hours per Week
Salary: $17.00 per Hour
You will assist the program evaluation research and student needs assessment of the Pathways to Education program at the Regent Park Community Health Centre.
· support in research, note-taking, preparation and organization
· data handling and management
· preliminary data analyses
· process data entry in an accurate and timely manner
· report preparation
· literature/information search and review
· bachelors degree in Education or Sociology or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in supporting research
· computer proficiency including database training (MS Office, SPSS, Access, Excel)
· excellent time management skills
· understanding of the Pathways to Education vision and approach
This position requires flexible hours to include weekday evenings and occasional weekends.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, June 14, 2011, to:
The Pathways to Education Program
411 Parliament St., Toronto M5A 3A1
Fax: (416) 642-1577
No phone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.