Deadline June 27, 2011
Term Part-Time Bilingual Operations Coordinator (.5FTE)
Good Food Box (GFB)
CCHC has received support to temporarily expand the Good Food Box program. As such, we are seeking to hire an Operations Coordinator to coordinate the day to day operations of the Good Food Box Program.
The Good Food Box Program is a program of Centretown Community Health Centre delivered on behalf of the Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres. This program provides low cost fruits and vegetables to local sites across the City. The Operations Coordinator is responsible for all central operations of the program including administrative tasks, produce purchasing, site communications, and financial responsibilities. The Operations Coordinator works with the Communications and Public Relations coordinator to provide liaison, education, training and support to local good food box sites and to support packing day volunteers and site coordinators.
- Post-secondary education in community economic development, business administration or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience negotiating and purchasing for an organization.
- Experience planning and implementing publicity and promotions for a program or organization.
- Experience in recruitment, training and supervision of volunteers.
- Experience in business and financial management.
- Experience working with community organizations.
- Knowledge of the produce industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a steering committee
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and experience with project management.
- Competent with Windows-based computer systems, in particular, basic email and MS Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French.
- Demonstrated interest in healthy eating.
- Previous experience with Good Food Box or other food security programs.
- Experience in community development and an understanding of the community development approach
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Knowledge and experience of wholesale purchasing and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of safe food handling practices.
- Interest in food, community and health
- Working knowledge of a third language.
- Language designation
- English, written and spoken
- French, written and spoken
Term: August 1, 2011 to February 28, 2013
Salary range: $23.829/hour to $28.710/hour/
How to “express an interest” for these opportunities:
Write a letter of interest (up to 2 word processed pages in English) telling us how you meet the requirements of this role (as identified above). Submit your letter of interest along with your résumé by June 27, 2011 to Human Resources, Centretown Community Health Centre. Email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (613) 233-3987 or mail to 420 Cooper Street, Ottawa, Ontario K2P 2N6. CCHC is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce.
Every One Matters.